Saturday, April 26, 2008

The time has come...to say goodbye

Classes are out, summer is in the air, and we're still unsure of where this world is heading.  Without CNJ 442 under my belt, I'd be about as certain as my future in journalism as the nation is about our economy.  Fortunately, I am confident that I have learned new skills such as web production, video editing with Final Cut Pro, and most importantly enhancing my ability to tell a story (isn't that what journalism's really all about).  

Every minute I spent on the class truly made me grow as a person/writer/professional/etc.  I know I may sound repetitive, but it is difficult to get such a true point across.  With the creation of this blog to building my own portfolio page to gaining 46+ [current] members of CommTogether, I definitely have something to show for it.

Next semester I will be taking over the new position of WEB EDITOR for Distraction Magazine which will involve first creating a website and then controlling what content goes on the site.  On top of that I will begin my tenure as Opinion Editor for The Miami Hurricane.  I honestly cannot imagine myself committing to these enormous tasks without the boost I've received from Chris Delboni and her CNJ classes. 

Overall, the only thing I can say about this class [442]  is that it is REAL WORLD.  It is the most professional, practical and pragmatic (ooo, I like that word) class in the SoC.  I believe the future of this class will truly be a sign of convergence, having multiple classes working as one to create a final multimedia piece that is sure to win awards.  You must shoot for the stars in order to get off the ground -- that's what I've learned.  

No comments: