Saturday, April 19, 2008

Here it is.

Wow, I apologize for the extraordinary delay. It's been over a week since I've shared my thoughts with my possible readers. No excuses.

Just as a side note: (if you go to University of Miami) pick up the second addition of Distraction. If you don't know what Distraction is, it is a student-run publication that does, as is should, give you a few moments to get away from the stressful life we all lead.

Next semester, as managing editor, I hope to create a website for Distraction. The website will enable a larger audience to enjoy exactly the same (plus supplementary) material only UM students, faculty and staff get a chance to see.

On another note, CNJ 442 has created a communications social network called CommTogether (you better get that Beatles reference). I began inviting anyone an everyone who I believed would participate and truly enjoy the mode and mindset of constant communication. Of the 30 some-odd people I invited was Rabbi of ChabadUM (Jewish organization) Mendi Fellig.

Within 15 minutes, I received a text message, then a telephone call from Mendi describing what a terrific idea he thought it was.

The ideas began flowing.

One network we decided to create was a closed network strictly for board members. Another was an open network for anyone to join. This concept of constant and immediate communication makes it so much easier for organizations to communicate. In the coming months, semesters, years, I am sure this idea will change the way companies, organizations and whatever else, runs. Objectives will become easier to accomplish and goals will be that much closer to start.

No comments: