Friday, April 4, 2008

Argghhh (like a pirate)

It seems as though the cat is out of the bag. "Oh no! Fault cannot be admitted! That would make us...ahhh...failures."

Well indeed it would. But who has ever perfected anything on the first try? I'm pretty sure that for every new and upcoming concept/idea/invention/creation/convergence, there is a gestation period in which logistics are tweaked and kinks removed.

If you haven't already figured it out, I am hinting at the fabulous concept of converging CNJ442 with CVJ341. Chris Delboni and Dr. Michelle Seelig should be proud, even honored to have ignited a spark that WILL change the University of Miami's journalism programs forever. I am not trying to say that they reinvented fire, that is not even the intention. The intention is to use that fire to make an oven. Inside that oven are two cute little guinea pigs (ie. CNJ/CVJ classes).

*I don't know who eats guinea pigs, but just follow me.

So we have two guinea pigs in an oven and if their cooked incorrectly, the meat might be raw or even burnt. Wow, that was a terrible analogy, I thought I had something in the works, but I guess not. What I'm trying to say is that the concept is ingenious, but the time was not taken to work out the minor details.

These minor details seemingly grew to into confusion, frustration and apathy which lead to an arduous string of blaming. Just thinking about it sort of makes me want to scream, but the lesson to be learned here is that it DOES NOT hurt to try. If you don't try, the ball will never get rolling and we'll be stuck in this infinite state of static technology. Boring.

Who wants that?

No comments: